Wednesday 13 February 2013

Codies Vehicle Project Dev 5 - Complete

I used xoliul shader as required for this project but i used version 2.0 over 1.6 because i found the layout and functions easier. I learnt a lot within the time of texturing, how to make my own scratches, varied metal effects and specular overlays to get certain sheens, I enjoy using xoliul as you can see your models in real time so you get an idea of how it would look in game better than one shot renders. Overall im pleased with my outcome, there is room for improvement but i can work on that in future.

Instead of experimenting concepts of colours, i decided to finish with a pretty dull grey, hard sharp dangerous metal feel and look, still containing those streamlined futuristic elements but look like it is hard worn and has taken a beating and ramming with its sharp front and side arms and even though it has cannons for long range fire. All textures were hand painted in photoshop. Normals created using Xnormal. I added the cube map to create light blue reflections of the sky and a slight gloss to add a dark shine to the whole vehicle and a bit more to the scratches that show the metal is originally a lighter colour.







The last pic is my edited final, was just a quick one really.

No comments:

Post a Comment